Thursday, October 14, 2010

Magnolia With Lantern Card#2



No gremlins in the camera tonight so I can finally post this.

For this card I used the sketch from last weeks Mojo Monday. Its to late to enter of course but I really wanted to try it anyway. I used a different size than I normally use for this card(5x7) its getting so hard to find envelopes for the square cards and this size seems to work well for the Magnolia's so I will be making more.

It also uses more of the traditional Christmas colours which I don't normally work with but I like it. Copic reds are a little more difficult to work with and get the highlights right, but I'm learning a little more each time I do.

Thanks for stopping by today. As I make more Christmas cards I keep getting more ideas so I will keep them coming -Hugs Tania

3 comments:

Debbie Schneider said...

I absolutely love love love this card!!! You did an amazing job - there is so much coloring on this card and all of it looks perfect - you did a fabulous job with the red coat!!! I love how you put it all together and the Penny Black sentiment stamp goes so well with the Magnolias. If you are going to crop night on the 29th please bring this along - would love to see it live!!

chris said...

Hi Tania, wow wee!!!! this is SPECIAL. LOVE IT. LOVE IT.
hugs chris xx

Cathrine said...

So many gorgeous christmas cards in your blog! I like your coloring a lot!