Sunday, September 19, 2010

Magnolia Christmas Card #3


We've had perfectly awful weather here this weekend, what a good excuse to have a little indoor fun. I started this card at the Scrapbooking Swede Crop on Friday night but didn't have the stamps I needed to finish it there so I finished today.

I wanted to try something different so I cut away some of the front side of the card so that you could see the inside. I like the way it added some dimension.To get the the falling snow on the inside layer I sponged over punched out snow flakes.

Can't wait for next weekends Girls getaway its like waiting for Christmas teehee. Hope to get some more Christmas cards done there. Have a great week-Hugs Tania

4 comments:

Debbie Schneider said...

Tania this is so beautiful!!! I love your creativity - and how you try different things - such a great idea for the background with the snowflakes. I am hoping to get back to Friday night crops in October. It will be so nice to see you again and make cards together - hopefully my life will be settled down by then. Thanks for your nice comments on my cards too - I am having so much fun with my blog!!

Monica said...

Now that is an awesome card, Tania.

I love the way you have cut some of the front... looks great.

xxx Monica

chris said...

Tania its so gorgeous, might have to have a go at a bit of cutting away if this is how it turns out, I always forget to change the shape of my card.
hope you are ok love chris xx

Lorraine said...

Hi Tania

Just love your card, you do such a wonderful job on all your cards. Just wait till the week end you will create so many more. I am getting excited