Monday, October 28, 2013

Snowflakes Are Softy Falling...


Magnolia Cottage is decorated for the holidays. Snowflakes are softly falling as Tilda stops by with a little surprise. The day is chilly but the fire is warm and welcoming. I'm sure Tilda will want to stay awhile and enjoy hot chocolate and a sugar cookie or two.This was the scene that came to mind as I started to create this card for Lovely Hangler or Sweet Magnolia Challenge #81 Sparkle. Boy does this card sparkle although it was as always hard to capture on camera.


I've used The snowy roof stamp, welcome to sweet christmas door stamp and a cute Tilda with present Stamp to create this cute cottage. The card body is step card with the center popped back and the sides popped forward to create a cozy front porch and I attached the roof to the side pieces so that it over hangs it.

I paper pieced Tilda's outfit and coloured her with Copics.


Here is another picture brighter light. I've decorated the cottage with holly garland, some resin ponsettias, Magnolia DooHickey Dies(vintage leaf and Poinsettia)and some Martha Stewart Snowflakes. To make the wooden boards on the cabin wall I used DP by Kaiser Craft's Base Coat Collection Called Shabby Chic. The final touch was to add a bit of Stickles and a whole lot of Twinklets Diamond Dust to the snowy portions.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing my little story.

Hugs,

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a gorgeous card Tania, an adorable Tilda and I love the fabulous scene you've created - beautiful details!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at LHoSM
hugs
Heather xx